Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TOTALLY T-BOZ AND THE SISTERHOOD TONIGHT ON TLC

Picture retrieved from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TLC_(band)


As I was watching past episodes of Sister Wives it made me want to go to TLC website for more information. That is when I came across two shows Totally T-boz premiering January 1 8/7c as well as The Sisterhood also start tonight  at 9/8c. This is the first season for both reality shows!

Totally T-Boz: The show will follow member of girl group TLC Tionne "T-Boz" Walkins as she makes the move from Atlanta to Los Angeles with her daughter Chase. Her plan is to reinvent herself (Like only a member of TLC can) and jump start her solo career.

Now if you been living under a rock all these years and don't know who T-Boz or TLC let me give you some history. TLC is one of the biggest girl groups of the 1990s and early 2000s. The group consist of  Tionne "T-Boz" Walkins, Rozonda "Chilli" Thomas, and the late Lisa "Lefteye" Lopes. They have sold over 20 million records, had ten top 10 hits, and four #1 hits. Their songs include Ain't to Proud to Beg, Creep, Waterfall, and many others. The group faced many struggles, including bankruptcy, but overcame them and continued their success until the untimely passing of Lisa Lopes in 2002. Tionne and Rozonda decided there could be no TLC without her and ended the group.

This is great way for TLC fan (like myself) to see what miss T-Boz has been up to. she has over came some personal struggles of her own like her divorce with rapper Mack 10 and a brain tumor. This is going to be interesting and I will be watching

 

You can tweet during the show using #TOTALLYTBOZ

 
 

The Sisterhood: This show follows 5 preachers wives or "First Ladies" and the lives they live. The cast is Christina Murray, Ivy Couch ,Tara Lewis, Domonique Scott, and DeLana Rutherford. Now I must warn you these are not the traditional quiet long dress wearing preachers' wives these are the 2013 wives lol! Honestly I'm not surprised because I'm from the south and the wives here are less traditional than they use to be. That is what actually made me interested because they remind me of what I'm use to seeing in a preacher's wife these days. I do see some of "reality show" personalities  in these women that are in most reality shows based on the clip I seen but I have to wait to tune in to find out for sure. These woman seem sassy and look like they don't take no mess my only concern is that others may not be as understanding as me of how they act and dress and have ill feeling about church and religion in general but like I said I have to watch to see for sure. Overall I think the show will be hot and I will be tuning in!

 

You can also tweet during this show using #SISTERHOOD

Learn more about both shows at www.tlc.com

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment