Sunday, December 9, 2012

KEEBLER CINNAMON ROLL COOKIE REVIEW & CARAMEL LATTE RECIPE


I been away dealing with that toothache from hell but I came across a product that I just to review. Keebler caramel pecan cinnamon rolls cookies. They are little pieces of heaven! That is when I had a thought why not make drink to go along with these lovely cookies.

       I don’t know why but when something has caramel in it I have to smell it so I open the bag of cookies and inhale. It smells of a very spicy caramel aroma I would probably wear it as perfume if I could. After I came off my caramel high I pull out the plastic tray that is divided into 6 sections with about 4 cookies in each one. First of all, that is a lot of cookies how great is that but from the package I thought I was going to get a simple cinnamon roll shaped cookie. Boy was I wrong!
     They are these thin, soft molasses tasting cookies with a cinnamon icing over them just like the real thing with a hint of caramel. After tasting them they were delicious, but as much as I love caramel I was screaming WHERE IS THE PECANS! Just as I was about to panic I got these small pecan clusters I really must learn to be patient lol. They say you’re not supposed to eat sweets in the morning but if I couldn’t get that cinnamon roll fresh out of the oven these cookies would be my next choice. This is why my double caramel latte goes perfect with these cookies.
 
 

Now you know how it is when you want that coffee house coffee but have no coffee house money. We all have gotten in the kitchen and made a form of caramel coffee by putting that store-brought caramel syrup in a mug, added coffee, and milk. The only problem with that is it is yucky and not coffee house at all. As crazy as I am about caramel I had to find a better way. I finally got it right, but I fell in love with those Nescafe Mementos and combine the two to make it even better. That how this drink for those yummy cookies was born! It has all the flavors of that gourmet coffee we love!
The secret is it is homemade caramel and you can make it in advance and keep it on hand for other things. It’s quick, easy, and addictive!

You will need:

¼ cup butter (1/2 a stick)

½ cup brown sugar

6TBsp heavy cream

4 packets of  Nescafe Memento Caramel Latte

½ tsp. cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

4 cups water (really hot but not boiling)

Whipped cream (optional)

Serves:4

1.      In a saucepan on Medium-low heat melt butter.

2.      Take the pan off the heat and whisk in cinnamon and sugar until well combined.

3.      Place pan back over Medium heat. Do Not stir at this point just swirl the pan occasionally around until the mixture starts to boil. Let boil for 1 minute.

4.      Whisk in the cream and turn heat back down to Medium-low. (don’t want the mixture to boil at this point) Whisk constantly for 1 minute. Remove from heat and whisk another minute.

5.      Divide the caramel into 4 mugs equally. Stir in the content of one Nescafe packet into each mug combined well

6.      Add about a cup of water to each mug, top with whipped cream, and serve with Keebler cinnamon roll caramel pecan cookies Yum!

Tips:

*Don’t like caramel? You can use any flavor that you like in your coffee.

*No Nescafe Memento on hand? 1tsp instant coffee and a little cream will do the trick! Cut back on the water course.

*Want more foam action? Replace the water with hot milk. Place the hot milk carefully in a blender. Blend for 1 minute before adding it to your mug.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment