Friday, December 21, 2012

TWINING'S TEA REVIEW & CHAI TEA RECIPE



Even if you like me and never tried Twining’s tea you know the name just as well as I do. What? Am I the only die hard 50 shade of gray fan that read all 3 books and knows that Anastasia Steele drink Twining’s English Breakfast Tea? That right when I saw the sample offer I jumped on it for that reason and I was not disappointed.

Personally, I prefer my tea strong and my coffee weak, so my experience was slightly different from Ana who hated coffee and preferred a weaker version of her favorite drink. I received several samples: 2 English breakfast and many Chai teas. I tried both of the breakfast teas and the French vanilla chai tea. The tea bags come in these red packages with the flavor written on the front and a list of ingredients it’s so cute. The bags themselves are old school and I love that with the long string and paper logo at the end. It gives a real “let’s sit down” tea time feel because some tea brands have removed the string but that takes away from the product if you ask me.

Now if you’re not familiar with these type of teas they are black tea. This means it can get as dark as coffee and that is just the way I like it. My first sip was heaven it was the color of coffee but with a strong robust flavor. I did add some sugar but to be honest I didn’t need any it’s good as is. Chai tea is usually black tea, spices, milk, and sweetener butTwining’s has the tea and spices covered you just need to add the milk and sweetener quick and easy. It also comes in many flavors. That orignal sip was very spicy and delicious but too strong for my taste I was actually sweating! There was a very nice flavor there but the cardamom in it made the tea a bit harsh but that’s great for sweating out a cold so I put the rest of the chai tea away for those times but I will be using that 15% they gave off to buy a whole box of English Breakfast tea.
 
 
I know I gave you all a drink recipe , but that what winter is about to me. Bundled in a blanket , having a snack ,watching tv,  all while sipping a hot drink. This is where this recipe came from. Right before I got the tea samples I was testing homemade chai tea recipes using some tea I had on hand. Twining’s gave me more teas to work with and that when it all came together right.

YOU WILL NEED:

6 cups of water

4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice

½ cup cream or dry coffee creamer

A pinch of cayenne pepper

2 tsps vanilla

4 Twinings English Breakfast tea bags

½ cup sugar or ¼ cup honey

Serves: 4

1.      Place water, cayenne pepper, and pumpkin pie spice in a pot. Cover and bring to a boil over Medium-high heat.

2.      Add in cream and sugar/honey. Continue to boil uncovered on Medium for 1 minute.

3.      Remove from heat and add vanilla.

4.      Place a tea bag into each serving mug.

5.      Pour some of the hot liquid into each mug and stir.

6.      Steep 5-6 minutes and serve.

*Tips

*Easy Holiday Gift: Chai tea mix: In clean dry jars combined 1cup sugar,1cup dry coffee creamer,1/2 TBsp pumpkin pie spice,1/8 tsp cayenne pepper. Tie some colorful ribbon around each jar and hand them out to your friends and family along with some black tea bags for a gift that keeps on giving. Dissolve 1TBsp of the mix in a cup of boiling water and pour over a tea bag for tea pefect cup of tea!

   *Keep the chai tea mix in a dry area to keep it fresh .

   *Everyone likes their tea differently so when serving  a crowd tea of any kind leave the bags in to allow guest to remove when they desire.

 

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Taste the amazing & uniquely flavored Tea Samples of Teesta Valley Exports Limited for once to certify pleasure with any of your tea time.

    ReplyDelete